Client Service & Construction Coordinator
About the organization
SBP shrinks the time between disaster and recovery.
We can't prevent natural disasters, but we can prevent some of the suffering they cause. By increasing resilience before disasters occur and streamlining the post-disaster recovery process, we're able to fortify people against unnecessary stress and trauma.
Started in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, we are currently supporting recovery in eight disaster-affected communities. With our construction system enhanced and optimized through an ongoing partnership with Toyota, which helped implement lean manufacturing processes, SBP rebuilds homes far below market rate and carries out construction projects with much lower subsidies than traditional affordable housing models.
Learn more at sbpusa.org
● Identify and support prospective clients, working with them to complete an application for assistance either in person, via phone, or video platforms such as Google Meet or Zoom.
● Prepare and present prospective client cases to site leadership for funding and construction.
● Act as a reliable point of contact through clients’ initial application
● Assist clients in navigating and applying for external funding to support specific recovery needs.
● Refer clients who are in need of housing, food, or other supports to appropriate service providers.
● Input client data and upload documents into Salesforce and update case notes daily.
● Obtain construction permits by submitting accurate permit applications.
● Maintain the operating site’s sub-contractor database with proper documentation and identify new subcontractors.
● Attend walkthroughs with Project Managers to understand and receive bids for work from subcontractors.
● Properly organize, track and document all bids, work, and warranty information from subcontractors.
● Schedule and coordinate subcontractors to complete work on clients’ homes.
● Schedule inspections for the local building department and funders, as needed, for each construction project.
● Order and process utilities and orders for sites; i.e. dumpsters, drywall, etc.
● Ensure all electronic construction files, Gantt charts, excel tracking documents, and whiteboards are up to date with accurate information.
● Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with CDC guidelines and recommendations and able to provide documentation of vaccination status prior to engaging in SBP's AmeriCorps Program.
● Be at least 17 years of age or older.
● Have a high school diploma or its equivalent
● Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States
● Satisfy the National Service Criminal History Check eligibility criteria pursuant to 45 CFR 2540.202.
● Strong interpersonal skills, including active listening.
● Ability to maintain a calm, professional demeanor in challenging situations, including client crises.
● Ability to clearly communicate needs and expectations to people of various backgrounds.
● Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job