Social Security Administration
About the organization
The Social Security Administration considers job applicants with Exceptional Customer Service Skills who are willing to:
• Understand the unique and critical role of Social Security in our society.
• Value our customers and provide information that meets or exceeds their needs and expectations.
• Identify and address problems to continuously improve the quality of our public service.
• Communicate effectively with our customers and seek their feedback.
• Take advantage of leadership opportunities that promote career development and advancement.
• Appreciate diversity and recognize the value of a multi-cultural workforce.
The Brooklyn Center Field Office is recruiting the following positions: Claims Specialists
• Provide public service face-to-face and/or by telephone
• Understand, apply and explain large volumes of technical material related to Social Security
• Evaluate information and evidence to determine eligibility for Social Security Benefits
• Interact with people of varying backgrounds, education and experience
• Use SSA computer systems to process Retirement, Survivors, Disability, Medicare Applications
• Work in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
• Have one of the most rewarding jobs in the agency
Direct general questions about careers with Social Security to:
Jason Harder (866-614-0027 ext. 31509)
For more information about Careers at Social Security see: https://www.ssa.gov/careers/careersPublicContact.html
Social Security Is a GREAT Employer!
Locality Pay & Cost of Living Increases
Promotions & Career Development
Over 1300 Offices Nationwide
Paid Vacations/10 paid Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Long-Term Care Insurance
Military Buy-Back Option
Contact email: [email protected]
Interested Candidates Should SUBMIT:
• Email resumes to: [email protected], including:
• Up to date contact information (email, home and cell phone)
• Unofficial copy of college transcripts,
• Schedule A letter (if applicable),
• Peace Corps candidates should also include:
• Description of Service (DOS) verifying minimum of 1 year of completed qualifying volunteer service.
• Veterans should also include:
• DD-214 Member 4 copy
• Disability vocational letter
• Any specialized experience you have in customer service or determining benefits,
• Fluent in speaking a foreign language (if applicable)
• You MUST be a United States Citizen.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job