Chief Operating Officer
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York
About the organization
After more than a century of serving New Yorkers, Planned Parenthood of New York City (PPNYC) stands strong as a trusted provider of sexual and reproductive health care, an accurate source of sexual health information, and a steadfast partner in the ongoing fight to achieve sexual and reproductive justice.
As PPNYC looks to the future, we are laying bold, innovative plans to grow our reach and serve the city more effectively, affirming our commitment to strengthen community engagement, expand access to services, enhance patient experience, and advance health equity for all. Our strategic plan is anchored by our driving vision: building a world where all communities have full access to innovative, high-quality, evidence-based SRH services, whenever, wherever, and however they are needed.
In a major step to amplify our impact and ensure better health outcomes for all New Yorkers, PPNYC is engaged in a planned merger process with four other New York State Planned Parenthood affi
The COO will be the strategic and tactical right hand to the CEO, an influential presence on the executive team, and an effective leader of departmental leads. The COO is charged with creating and implementing a sustainable business model for clinical delivery, focusing on improving quality in year one, and expanding access and services in subsequent years.
The COO has oversight of almost two thirds of our newly expanded $100M+ entity, which covers 65% of the state, and includes 29 health centers and 900 staff members. The COO directly manages the Chief Financial Officer, the Chief Medical Officer, the Chief Clinical Officer, the Chief Facilities and Security Officer, and the Chief Information Officer.
● Deep, abiding belief in PPGNY’s mission, especially as related to health equity and bodily autonomy
● Significant expertise in health care delivery operations with a distinguished track record working in high volume outpatient, community health, or clinical settings
● Proven track record improving patient experience, and transforming systems and processes in clinical operations and services
● Experience using a collective trauma and historical oppression analysis and practice to enhance patient experience
● Track record strengthening provider, organizational, and departmental relations and communication
● Experience leading finance, technology, and facilities functions and/or knowledge of how finance, technology, and facilities fit into clinical operations
● Beliefs about healthcare rooted in sophisticated analysis of institutional racism in the U.S. in general and specifically in our health care systems; applies race equity lens in organizational leadership and in health care delivery
● Passionate about organizational change management that includes team and culture building; track record of supporting leaders through accountability and capacity building
● Strong ability in strategy, problem solving, iterating, and integrating across functionalities
● Principled, unflappable leadership that centers patient and communities in all decisions
● Ability to maintain a sense of perspective and sense of humor through challenge, uncertainty, and change
Application & Compensation:
This search is being managed by Axis Talent Partners. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter detailing their interest in our mission and qualifications for the position to: https://www.axistalentpartners.com/current-openings.
Our Commitment to Equity & Inclusivity:
Planned Parenthood of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job