Chief of Party – USAID/Colombia Amazon Forests and Biodiversity, Colombia
About the organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
* Provide leadership and technical expertise for the activity, and supervise expatriate and local teams;
* Develop strategic objectives and confirm project compliance with USAID regulations;
* Manage the activity’s implementation, including overall responsibility for personnel and efficient budgeting and financial management
* Oversee technical activities of the activity and ensure that impact is achieving the results defined in the contract;
* Evaluate and document activity progress and lessons learned;
* Assume responsibility for overall USAID contract management ensuring quality control and timeliness of deliverables.
* Minimum of a Master’s degree in biology, forestry, natural resources management, ecology, law, anthropology, management, administration, or some other relevant discipline is required.
* Not less than 10 years project experience, preferably some in the Amazon, working in one or more technical disciplines: biodiversity conservation, forestry, natural resources management, environmental law, land-use planning, and/or other relevant technical areas.
* Minimum of 5 years in director-level role leading and managing complex development programs and multi-disciplinary teams in the Latin America Region, preferably as a Chief of Party for a USAID-funded project.
* Proven track record managing multi-disciplinary development programs and teams, engaging effectively with stakeholders, fostering collaborative learning and adaptive management, and social inclusion with indigenous and other vulnerable populations.
* Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish.
* Strong familiarity with the policy, social, economic, environmental, and cultural context in Colombia, and in particular the Colombian Amazon region.
* Colombian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/COPColombiaAFB
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job