Chief of Party – Tajikistan Sustainable Agriculture and Land Tenure (SALT) Activity
About the organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
The COP’s primary responsibilities are aimed at providing overall leadership, management and general technical direction of the entire Activity, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the award. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to Activity implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments. This is anticipated to be a full-time position based in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
* Master’s degree in a relevant field;
* At least twelve (12) years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of economic development activities involving agriculture, with preference given to systemic approaches emphasizing sustainability and resilience under a USG funded instrument, especially USAID;
* At least five (5) years of demonstrated experience in senior program management, including direct supervision of professional and support staff;
* Experience working in the agricultural and economic growth sector in Tajikistan, or significant experience in the Central Asian region with demonstrated knowledge of Tajikistan.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to think strategically and communicate his/her vision to partners and colleagues;
* Proven experience navigating complex and high-pressure operating environments;
* Experience in developing and managing multi-sectoral, multi-donor-funded programs preferred;
* Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with donors, civil society organizations, private sector players, and host country government counterparts;
* Professional fluency in English is required. Proficiency in Tajik or Russian is preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format with language proficiency levels
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's IDS ad posted.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job