Chief of Party- MEL, Honduras
Social Solutions International, Inc.
About the organization
Social Solutions International, Inc. (Social Solutions) is a Hispanic and woman-owned business emphasizing quality research and evaluation, training and technical assistance, and institutional support services. We are a mission-driven organization that believes that superior science can improve the world. Social Solutions is dedicated to the creation of social and health solutions to improve the welfare of underserved populations worldwide.
Social Solutions is recruiting a Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID/Honduras Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) activity. This is a demand driven activity to provide USAID/Honduras with high quality, flexible support services in evaluation, performance and context monitoring, knowledge management, communications, and performance management. Additionally, this activity will inform monitoring, evaluation, and learning throughout all stages of the Program Cycle, supporting USAID´s focus on adaptive management to increase developmental effectiveness. The purpose of the activity is to support evidence-based decision-making, measurably increase MEL capacity and monitor performance improvement, and strengthen systematic application of CLA approaches among mission staff and a wide range of external partners.
This is a five-year, full-time position based in Tegucigalpa, Honduras and is contingent upon award.
The Chief of Party will provide overall leadership, technical direction and oversight of day-to-day activity management.
Work with mission leadership, Program Office and Technical Offices to ensure mutual understanding of expectations and swift response to emergent changes in the operating context.
Actively liaise with country and development partners and effectively communicate with USAID and key stakeholders.
Be responsible for contract’s compliance, efficient and effective performance.
• Experience serving as COP, Deputy COP or team lead, preferably of USAID-financed programs.
• Bachelor's degree and at least 15 years of applied M&E or research experience in international development, including experience in both quantitative and qualitative evaluation/study designs and methods of data collection and analysis.
• Understanding of USAID policy priorities and operational guidance as they relate to MEL and CLA.
• Substantial experience in building MEL capacity as part of a team, particularly in the use of program data and evidence for decision-making and learning.
• Demonstrated experience in applied CLA.
• Demonstrated skills in fostering, integrating and/or applying adaptive management practices.
• Superb interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills, particularly proven in the USAID operating environment.
• Significant experience managing group dynamics and leading high-performing teams.
• Strong understanding of USAID’s Program Cycle principles, processes and practices, a plus.
• Relevant professional experience in Central America is required, and preferred in Honduras.
• Working proficiency in written and spoken Spanish and English.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job