Chief of Party – Community Violence Prevention, Jamaica
About the organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
* Serves as primary point of contact for USAID/Jamaica and main representative of the activity.
* Responsible for overall leadership, program direction, technical implementation, oversight of financial aspects, quality control, and responsiveness to the client.
* Establishes and maintains relationships with key GOJ agencies, CSOs, and key private sector entities.
* Engages other USAID implementing partners and international donors to maximize impact of project activities.
* Relevant Master’s degree in social sciences, international development, economics or a related field and at least 15 years’ experience, or a Bachelor’s degree with at least 20 years of experience.
* Proven expertise leading the implementation and management of complex international development projects.
* Proven understanding of the Jamaican democracy and governance sector.
* Demonstrated experience managing multidisciplinary teams, technical activities, liaising with partner governments, the donor community, private sector entities, and other key stakeholders.
* Ability to foster collaborative learning and adaptive management approaches that contribute to capacity-building of local staff and partners.
* Demonstrated budget management, reporting, and knowledge management expertise.
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
* Jamaican nationals strongly encouraged to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/COPCVPJamaica
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job