Chief of Party, Bosnia Media Engagement Activity
About the organization
At Internews, we believe everyone deserves trustworthy news and information to make informed decisions about their lives and hold power to account. We train journalists and digital rights activists, tackle disinformation, and offer business expertise to help media outlets become financially sustainable. We do all of this in partnership with local communities – who are the people best placed to know what works.
We support independent media in 100 countries, from radio stations in refugee camps, to hyper-local news outlets, to individual activists and reporters. We’ve helped our partners reach millions of people with quality, local information that saves lives, improves livelihoods, and holds institutions accountable.
Internews seeks a Chief of Party for a potential USAID-funded media development project in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) focused on supporting media partners in BiH to enhance the quality of their content production, facilitate adherence to journalistic standards, expand their reach and appeal to target audiences, improve their business practices to help them operate as vital enterprises, and increase their security from politically motivated lawsuits and cyberattacks. The project will also promote enhanced cooperation between media outlets in BiH. The Chief of Party will provide strategic guidance and leadership; oversee project activities that help media outlets develop high-quality, engaging content that appeals to their target audiences; supervise program personnel, financial management, and administration; and coordinate with USAID and other media stakeholders in the region to ensure that Internews leverages existing resources, avoids duplication, and complements other media development initiatives. The position will be based in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Note: Hiring will be contingent upon receipt of funding.
For more, please visit our Careers page: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1419
- A successful track record in supervising, designing, managing and implementing technical assistance for donor-funded media projects and proven ability to develop and monitor work plans, training plans, and procurement plans
- Four or more years of leadership experience (Chief of Party, Program Director, Program/Activity Manager)
- A strong reputation for developing excellent collaborative working relationships with local counterparts, international organizations, and donors
- Experience working with media outlets, particularly digital or multi platform outlets, as an editor, journalist, or media manager strongly preferred
- Experience with USG-funded media projects is strongly preferred
- Experience leveraging other sources of funding to advance programmatic activities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to creatively problem-solve and provide ethical management
- English fluency required, Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian proficiency highly preferred
- Relevant University degree required
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1419
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job