Chief Executive Officer
Girl Scouts of Colorado
About the organization
Girl Scouts of Colorado (GSCO) is one of the most dynamic, operationally profitable growth councils within the national movement. GSCO’s unique mission is “…to prepare girls and adults to create unique leadership paths, ignite change, and share a worldwide sisterhood through girl-led traditions and new experiences.” Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, GSCO is the fifth largest council territory in the nation and is recognized for its outdoor program, top cookie sales and membership growth potential.
GSCO’s 125 full time staff and 75+ seasonal statewide staff work with over 22,000 girls and more than 10,000 adult volunteers to recruit and retain membership, deliver the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, execute product program, organize retail sales, and assure the business of Girl Scouts supports the programming available to today’s girls.
***Note: this position is perfect for a returning country director.
In partnership with the Board of Directors, the CEO will serve girls and adult volunteers to reach GSCO’s full potential across Colorado. The CEO is expected to work closely with the Board to leverage local and national resources to further the Mission of Girl Scouts of Colorado. The CEO will support the diversity of membership and enhance opportunities across all communities in Colorado.
To view the complete vacancy announcement, please visit our website at: http://www.egreensource.com/
• A bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree or relevant professional experience preferred
• Passion for the Girl Scout mission and leadership development of girls
• Authentic, transparent and inspirational leader to serve as a role model to girls, volunteers and staff; comfortable with diverse socio-economic populations
• Mission driven visionary thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit
• Business savvy with demonstrated decision making to drive innovation and lead change
• Team builder who fosters commitment, trust and teamwork among diverse stakeholders
• Inspirational motivator with an executive leadership presence
• Recognized thought leader and sincere brand communicator
• 10-plus years in senior strategic leadership experience in complex environments
• Direct experience in building revenue and/or increasing philanthropic support
• Unquestionable integrity, strong sense of accountability, and a long-term perspective
• Ideal candidate has a robust Colorado network and solid understanding of its geographically diverse environments, or demonstrated ability to achieve this in a short time frame
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully with a non-profit board of directors
Contact email: [email protected]
Girl Scouts of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage expressions of interest as early as possible to accommodate the Council's need to fill this important position in a timely manner. For consideration, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to:
Bob Perodeau, Principal
Evergreen Executive Source, LLC
E-mail: [email protected]
Voice (800) 286 4009 http://www.egreensource.com/
Providing executive recruiting services to Girl Scouts of the USA since 2001
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply