About the organization
BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences. We have 37 locations throughout the borough providing a variety of programs that offer assistance in the areas of family, children and youth support, educational services, elder care, homelessness, mental health and workforce development. We are an employer of choice for anyone interested in a meaningful career in the social services field.
• Manage a case load and monitor and document client progress toward service plan goals.
• Document all interactions with, or on behalf of, clients.
• Maintain familiarity with program resources available on- and off-site.
• Provide group counseling as assigned by the program director.
• Coordinate client services with other social service, mental health, medical, employment, educational, child care and other providers.
• Conduct regular case conferences with clients and service providers as required.
• Complete program reports on a monthly basis, or more frequently as required.
• Act as program contact person for inquiries concerning clients.
• Assist with the supervision of paraprofessional staff.
• Supervise all office functions in supervisor’s absence as assigned.
• Review, and sign off on, service plans and psycho-social assessments as assigned.
• Report to, and meet with, supervisor on a monthly basis.
• Conduct home visits and other field work, as required.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelors degree in social work or other related fields of study.
• 4-years of experience in case management or in another related field of work.
• Certified child abuse, and neglect mandated reporter, or ability to obtain certification within 3 months of employment.
• Enrollment in MSW program preferred.
• A clean valid driver’s license and willingness to drive a company vehicle.
• Engaging personality and detailed orientated skills are essential.
• Strong oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills are necessary.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other standard business technology is required.
Contact email: [email protected]
•BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round.
•Generous paid time off for personal, vacation, parental, and medical leave
•12 paid holidays.
•Comprehensive medical, and life insurance coverage care for employees and their families, at little or no cost to employees.
•A pension plan that is 100% employer paid
•Two tax deferred annuity plans and employee assistance in maximizing the pension plan and tax deferred annuity plans to prepare for retirement.
•TransitChek – Employees may use TransitChek to have money taken out of their pretax salaries to pay for their public transportation commute.
•Free and confidential assessment, counseling, and referral service, to assist employees and their families with a wide range of personal problems.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job