About the organization
BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community.
BronxWorks Positive Living Department seeks a case manager to work with individuals infected and affected by HIV/AIDS. Focus of the program is to reduce substance use and to maintain sobriety.
The case manager will:
· Provide direct services to clients, including intake, engagement, assessment, service plan development, referral, advocacy, counseling, exit summaries and follow-up.
· Manage a case load for a diverse client population.
· Monitor and document client progress toward service plan goals.
· Document all interactions with, or on behalf of, clients.
· Maintain familiarity with program resources available on- and off-site.
· Provide group counseling as assigned by the program director.
· Coordinate client services with other social service, mental health, medical, employment, educational, child care and other providers.
· Conduct regular case conferences with clients and service providers as required.
· Complete program reports on a monthly basis, or more frequently as required.
· Report to, and meet with, supervisor on a monthly basis.
· Conduct home visits and other field work, as required.
· Perform additional duties as assigned by manager.
Applicant must have a bachelor’s degree.
Prior experience working with individuals infected with HIV, substance user, mental health, and the homeless, a plus.
A minimum of one year of relevant professional work experience preferred.
Strong oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills are necessary.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other standard business technology is required.
BronxWorks seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity, and in accordance with federal, state and local laws, does not discriminate unlawfully against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin (including ancestry), predisposing genetic characteristic, race, sex, gender, actual or perceived sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law. This commitment applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and employee development, placement, promotion, demotion, upgrading, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job