CARE Prevention Education Coordinator
University of California, Santa Cruz
About the organization
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
Campus Advocacy, Resources and Education (CARE) is the advocacy and prevention education office at University of California Santa Cruz (UCSC).
CARE supports survivors of sexual assault, stalking, and dating/domestic violence, as well as their significant others and allies. CARE also promotes a sex-positive consent culture on campus through programming, training, workshops, and other outreach to students, staff and faculty
Under the direction of CARE Director, the Prevention Education Coordinator provides prevention education and intervention on interpersonal violence issues. The Coordinator will lead prevention efforts on the UCSC campus addressing interpersonal violence (sexual assault, relationship violence and stalking). These duties include education and awareness training for faculty, staff and students, as well as outreach, program evaluation and collaboration with campus and community partners
A core responsibility of this position is to develop and implement a peer education program to address interpersonal violence. The Coordinator will supervise and train peer educators to present various interpersonal violence prevention related workshops. The CARE Prevention Education Coordinator may provide one-on-one sexual assault crisis counseling to survivors as well as providing appropriate resources and referrals
• Bachelor's degree in health education, public health, social work or a related field
• Training and/or experience in teaching sexual assault prevention and education and interpersonal violence-related topics
• Experience with developmental and other issues for college/university students and in implementing and providing effective, health promotion programs for a student-age population
• Experience in applying social justice fundamentals to sexual violence prevention including policy development and community organizing
• Training and/or experience in planning activities and programs related to sexual assault and sexual violence prevention and sexual health for relevant populations.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job