Alliance for Positive Change
About the organization
The Alliance for Positive Change helps New Yorkers living with HIV and other chronic health conditions get the medical care, peer support, and housing assistance they need to achieve health, happiness, and stability.
• Works collaboratively to ensure thorough and timely monitoring of up to 60 clients and their progress toward Care Plan goals.
• Interacts with client and client caregivers to ensure continuity of care, patient adherence to care plans, and identifies barriers preventing adherence to care plan.
• Tracks all medical, behavioral substance use and other network referrals made for clients and ensures clients follow up on referrals and attend scheduled appointments, through accompaniment when necessary.
• Provides phone outreach to clients to ensure appropriate follow up regarding self—care, medication refills, Care Plan adherence, scheduled office visits, test results/lab work, and all other pertinent psycho-social issues.
• Tracks/monitors client progress through a combination of written work, agency databases, health home data system and case conferences with the Care Team.
• Becomes familiarized with service providers in the Health Home network and maintains a comprehensive list of contact information for key personnel within the network.
• Monitors client entitlements, insurance, and other benefits to ensure they remain active and in place.
• Participates in initial and ongoing trainings as necessary to maintain a level of knowledge related to serious physical ailments as defined by Health Home regulations.
• To meet the needs of agency’s mission may be required to perform other duties not listed.
• Bachelor's Degree required. Preferred majors include: healthcare, human services, psychology, and social services or related field.
• 1+ year working with an underserved population with a related social services organization. Can include volunteer work. and/or internships.
• Experience with chronic diseases including HIV/AIDS; Substance user; Mentally Ill; and Lesbian. Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) community a plus.
• Bilingual in Spanish and/or French.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply