Alliance for Positive Change
About the organization
The Alliance helps New Yorkers living with HIV and other chronic health conditions get the medical care, peer support, and housing assistance they need to achieve health, happiness, and stability.
• Works collaboratively to ensure thorough and timely monitoring of up to 60 clients and their progress toward Care Plan goals.
• Reviews Care Plan and confirms intensity level of identified client to ensure service needs are met.
• Interacts with client and client caregivers to ensure continuity of care, patient adherence to care plans, and identifications of barriers preventing adherence to care plan.
• Tracks all medical, behavioral substance use and other network referrals made for clients and ensures clients follow up on referrals and attend scheduled appointments, through accompaniment when necessary.
• Provides phone and physical outreach to clients who have been non-adherent to necessary treatment appointments or have missed appointments for initial visits with new providers. Makes reminder phone calls to patients for all appointments.
• Provides outreach via phone to clients to ensure appropriate follow up regarding self-care, medication refills, Care Plan adherence, scheduled office visits, test results/lab work, and all other pertinent psycho-social issues.
• Tracks/monitors client progress through a combination of written work, agency databases, health home data system and case conferences with the Care Team. Documents and maintains case records in agency database and completes all data
Bachelor’s Degree in health or human services field required and one-year working with an underserved population through employment, volunteer work, and internships; Experience with chronic disease including HIV/AIDS; Substance user; Mentally Ill; and Lesbian, Gay Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) a plus. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Contact email: [email protected]
Email Resume to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply