Capacity Building Program Specialist
Management and Engineering Technologies International Inc.
About the organization
Management and Engineering Technologies International, Inc. (METI) works in support of the U.S. Forest Service (USFS) Office of International Programs by hiring staff to work on international natural resource projects. The USFS Office of International Programs promotes sustainable natural resource management and biodiversity conservation internationally. By linking the skills of the field-based staff of the USFS with partners overseas, the agency can address the world’s most critical forestry issues and concerns. The USFS regularly engages the agency's wide range of expertise in over 90 countries, for programs on sustainable forest management, climate change, combatting illegal logging, fire management, and other topics.
• Advising USFS/International Programs country program managers on the application and implementation of community resilience programs;
• Collaborating with IP program managers to develop scopes of work, work plans, strategy documents, and reports for all programs in their portfolio in cooperation with a variety of partners and stakeholders;
• Identifying, recruiting, and preparing technical experts to interface with international partner organizations and individuals through international technical exchanges and remote technical assignments;
• Coordinating and participating in technical assignments domestically and internationally to help facilitate knowledge sharing between the USFS and partners;
• Coordinating between technical experts, program partners, and other resource groups to design and implement activities including collaboration with internal teams and colleagues;
• Monitoring program implementation, progress, and milestones in coordination with USFS/International Programs country program managers and, recommending courses of action to address emerging issues based on established methodologies, and advises on strategies to navigate country engagement;
• Managing, monitoring, and reconciling program and activity budgets;
• Developing communication materials for a variety of uses, i.e. print, social media, outreach, etc.;
• And supporting program monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities.
• Demonstrate experience in community resilience in respect to programmatic development, and training;
• Demonstrate experience how to engage all aspects of a community through inclusive methodologies and use this ideal to discuss on the ground projects and their ability to fully engage communities and livelihood impacts;
• Related work experience with an emphasis on administrative and/or project management skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of partners (government, NGO, private sector, academia) and in a diverse team environment;
• Exceptional attention to detail, organizational and prioritization skills;
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities;
• Proven ability to take initiative, learn quickly, anticipate needs and challenges, and make evidence-based operational decisions;
• Cross cultural communication and ability to adapt to changing circumstances is important. Prior experience living and/or working overseas in a developing nation, or other demonstrable capacity in the above traits, strongly preferred;
• Intermediate proficiency in relevant computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with virtual communication tools;
• And a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in a relevant field.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit CV and cover letter at the link above
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job