Capacity and Fundraising Improvement Systems Designer VISTA
About the organization
American Gateways was founded in 1987 to help refugees fleeing war in Central America. We have grown to become one of the most effective and efficient nonprofit providers of immigration legal services in the nation. Based in Austin, we serve 23 Central Texas counties and four Texas detention centers. We provide culturally sensitive, trauma-informed legal representation and education to over 10,000 immigrants from nearly 60 countries annually. Our staff is supplemented by dedicated volunteers and pro bono attorneys..
• Mission: To champion the dignity and human rights of immigrants, refugees and immigrant survivors of persecution, torture, conflict, and human trafficking through exceptional immigration legal services at no or low cost, education, and advocacy.
• Vision: To serve all low-income immigrants in Central Texas who need legal help with exemplary services, be an exceptional workplace and give volunteers an inspiring experience in serving those who need assistance.
Do you want to take action on social justice issues? Do you want to be part of the solution to help immigrants who have suffered persecution and other human rights abuses? You can make an impact by serving at American Gateways, one of the most effective and efficient nonprofit providers of immigration legal services in the nation, based in Austin, Texas.
This VISTA member will help improve and expand American Gateways’ infrastructure and capacity through the development of a shared document storage system and making improvements on our fundraising database and other critical systems modifications while gaining a deep understanding of how behind-the-scenes work impacts the ability to provide legal services for Texas immigrants. Full training and support provided.
• Assess current donor tracking system, determine where modifications need to be made, make suggestions for improvement, implement changes, train team on those changes, develop written materials to document changes
• Assess systems and procedures for fundraising events, annual appeal and other revenue generation programs, determine what modifications and improvements would improve the systems, implement changes, train team on those changes, develop written materials to document changes
• Train development team members on utilizing new and improved databases
• Create systems to help us further our services and improve internal office organization as it relates to agency growth and capacity building
• Passion and dedication to the mission of American Gateways (please visit www.americangateways.org for our mission and to learn more about us)
• Strong skills in communications, writing and editing
• Strong computer skills
• Experience with databases
• Ability to work well with diverse team
• Bachelor’s Degree (will consider significant life experience in lieu of degree)
Contact email: [email protected]
Step 1: Apply through the VISTA system:
Step 2: Submit supplementary application materials to American Gateways:
• Cover letter and résumé to: [email protected] Indicate position title in subject line
• Respond to four questions at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeBM8RKT3T8caD2IcRY-_NI2QHFd5UuCj9cJuL6iVUcM2-0XA/viewform
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job