YMCA Camp Letts
About the organization
The Y mission is to foster the spiritual, mental and physical development of individuals, families and communities according to the ideals of inclusiveness, equality and mutual respect for all.
We know that lasting personal and social change comes about when we all work together. That’s why, at the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
· Will serve as the primary live in role model and be responsible for a group of 8-12 campers. Campers will be separated based on age groups.
· Will work with a co-counselor, the co-counselor will serve as a program counselor.
· Create a positive, unified, and safe space in the cabin for all campers and staff.
· Knowledgeable in program specific area in which hired: lifeguarding, waterskiing, wakeboarding, canoeing, kayaking, sailing, high ropes belaying, teambuilding, and horseback riding.
· Be a positive role model, follow all camp procedures and policies, and create a fun and safe environment.
· Actively engage and build relationships with campers to support a positive setting.
· Help with conflict resolution, behavior management, and strong communication.
· Show patience, enthusiasm, and flexibility.
· Be responsible for the overall well-being, safety, health, and care of campers.
· Maintain camper reports and all paperwork as deemed necessary.
· Be aware of all emergency procedures and the proper responses.
· Eat all meals with campers and staff.
· Work closely with peers, Head Counselors, Specialists, and Directors.
· Help create routines, lead activities, keep the cabin/camp organized, and maintain a safe environment.
· Will perform other duties as needed.
· Experience working with children ages 6-16 and groups of people.
· Enjoys the outdoors and camp environment, camp experience is a plus.
· Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Enjoys working with children and people of all ages while having the ability to place the needs of the campers, staff, and camp ahead of personal desires.
· Able to be a role model for the YMCA core value: caring, honesty, respect, responsibility.
· Must be able to attend all of staff training and work throughout the whole summer.
· Must be able to work independently, show initiative, creativity, and proactively address issues.
· Must be able to work with a team, demonstrate cooperation, collaboration, and compromise.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job