Business Support Assistant
About the organization
The Mountain Association invests in people and places in Eastern Kentucky to advance a just transition to a new economy that is more diverse, sustainable, equitable and resilient. Our Lending team offers loans to existing and startup businesses and organizations. We are a Community Development Financial Institution and a non-profit, so we can offer greater flexibility and lend to those who may not otherwise qualify. Our Business Support program connects business owners and nonprofit leaders to consultants who can help them succeed. Our Energy experts help businesses, nonprofits, public agencies and homeowners find much-needed energy savings through utility bill analysis, on-site energy efficiency and solar assessments, financing and grant application support.
The Mountain Association also engages in research, communications and advocacy for policy and narrative change, and works with partners on a variety of projects to demonstrate what’s possible in Eastern Kentucky.
The Mountain Association is looking for a highly motivated individual to join its Business Support Services Team as a part-time, temporary program assistant. Initially, we plan for this position to last approximately one year in length. The assistant will support the Business Support Team’s efforts to help small businesses succeed through connecting entrepreneurs to resources and shepherding business development projects. The assistant will also work closely with the Consulting Services Manager on other projects in accordance with the Mountain Association’s mission and values.
Summary: The Business Support Assistant (BSA) will assist the Consulting Services Manager in managing various business support projects. This will include client intake and orientation, setting up projects in the Business Support Services Dashboard and other databases, drafting contracts for review, processing invoices, ensuring projects are moving forward in a timely manner, maintaining good relationships with clients and consultants and ensuring that projects are properly documented upon completion.
Responsibilities: The Business Support Assistant will have direct responsibility for the following:
• Conduct and oversee intake and orientation of business owners and nonprofit organizations
• Consultant orientation and contracting
• Inform and connect customers with appropriate...
see website for full details
Knowledge and experience:
• Two years of administrative & customer service experience.
• Demonstrated ability to research, learn and implement new bodies of work.
• Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and execute successful projects such as those described in the responsibilities above.
• Detail-oriented with excellent organization and time-management skills.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to adapt to change.
• Strongly articulated interest in and commitment to positive social change.
• Willingness to travel for day and occasional overnight stays within the region.
Technology and software:
• Strong computer skills, in particular spreadsheets, word processing and databases.
• Ability to learn new platforms.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and the capacity to work constructively in teams, including demonstrated success in a team leadership role.
• Strong writing skills and the ability to write clearly for a general audience.
• Close vision with or without corrective lenses necessary for computer work.
• Able to perform assigned duties in a time-efficient manner.
• Manual dexterity needed to operate a computer.
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive. Either insurability on the Mountain Association’s group vehicle policy or access to a reliable vehicle for regular trips.
• The Mountain Association is committed to complying fully...
see website for full details
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job