Business Development Team Lead
Center for Global Health Practice and Impact, Georgetown University
About the organization
The Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) serves countries to improve their population health and well-being and to safeguard against health-related threats by advancing the use of evidence and human-centered enterprise architecture on the path towards achieving equity and social justice. To achieve this mission, we catalyze the uptake, spread, and implementation of innovations; triangulate data from different sources, and tailor visualization of the information for each audience; design and implement integrated service delivery models; support communities of practice to inform policy and practice through efficient data use and horizontal and vertical collaboration; disseminate best practices and evidence globally through open source learning networks; build global, collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and interprofessional networks; undertake research informed by local needs; and invest in local leadership to own and sustain interventions.
The Team Lead for Business Development develops strategies to secure a pipeline of funding focusing on cutting edge issues or developments in the fields of health science delivery support, health informatics and data science, health work force development, global health security, health care policy and financing, health governance, leadership, and management, and implementation science and health services research for the Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI), based at Georgetown University Medical Center (GUMC). The three critical areas of action are new business development, new program design, and new program start up. Reporting to the Co-Director and Associate Research Professor, the Team Lead has additional duties that include but are not limited to: new business development, new program design and start-up, and proposal team management.
Requirements and Qualifications
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; Advanced degree desired in public health, business administration, or a related field
* At least 10 years of experience in global health, preferably with increasing levels of business development responsibility and leadership
* Excellent demonstrable writing skills, experience presenting technical issues in different fora, and the ability to communicate effectively and engage fellow team members and staff
* Demonstrated success in new business development, with a preference for US federal agency related “wins”
* Substantial experience working on proposals for programs implemented in limited resource settings
* Ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams including clinicians, health care management specialists, policy specialists, laboratory scientists, and other public health experts
Contact email: [email protected]
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis; applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job