Business Development Manager
About the organization
Corus International leads an ensemble of social impact organizations working together in the world’s most fragile settings to deliver the holistic, lasting solutions needed to overcome the interconnected challenges of poverty, health care access and climate change. Corus is a new model in the international space, creating a consortium of specialized non-profit and for-profit entities for greater impact. Additional growth is expected.
About The Job: This position will drive Corus’ revenue growth, growing the business development capacities across regional and country teams. As a key member of the Business Development Team, the Business Development Manager serves a leadership role as a cross-sectoral proposal lead, capture lead, coordinator, or technical writer. This includes leading capture/pre-bid preparation, proposal development, and transition to the Program staff for implementation. The Business Development (BD) Manager will lead and support the development of high-priority bids with Corus’ priority donors, including the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the UK Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO), and others. The BD Manager will be involved in all phases of new business development from positioning through proposal submission.
About The Ideal Candidate: If you have business development expertise in Livelihoods and Economic Development and/or Health, are well-versed in the business development cycle, from positioning to submission, and are comfortable leading strong teams as the Proposal Manager, we’d love to meet you! Corus is looking for a candidate who is passionate about creating and improving business development processes, and comfortable working across Corus departments to navigate towards solutions to proposal challenges.
• Fluency in Spanish or French is preferred.
• Willingness to travel internationally, at least 30% of the time to countries where Corus works.
• At least five years of experience in business development.
• Master’s degree in a relevant field (or equivalent job experience), such as Agriculture, Economic Development, International Development or Public Health.
• Demonstrated experience and success in all aspects of business development processes.
• Demonstrated leadership, organizational and relationship management skills with excellent writing and computer skills.
• Ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm, diplomacy, and cultural sensitivity – both individually and as part of a team – and to adjust to shifting priorities.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job