Business Associate, Program Support
About the organization
Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. We seek to realize the potential of a digitally connected world: a world in which evidence-based information advances human progress, enables broad opportunity and accountability, and fuels vibrant civic debate.
For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. We have proudly incubated hundreds of sustainable organizations, bolstered the skills of thousands of media professionals, activists, and citizens, and helped these partners reach millions of people with quality, local information.
Do you want to help journalism survive in the globalized, digital world? Are you an Excel person first, Word person second? Do you love being the one who can answer questions like, "Great, but how do we pay for it?" and "Does anyone know how this works?" Under the supervision of the Manager of Program Support Services, the Business Associate's primary responsibilities are to fill in gaps, figure out tough questions, and clear out logjams that keep programs from running. If you love helping colleagues solve problems, this may be the position for you.
For more, please visit: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1373
• Very good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and eagerness to organize information via Excel a must.
• One to two years of relevant experience expected; international development experience with USAID, US Department of State, USG contracts or subcontracts, or European funding preferred.
• Educational or professional qualification in a field such as financial management, accounting, economics, management, or public administration preferred.
• Experience with SharePoint preferred.
• Excellent written and spoken English. Additional language skills such as Spanish, Arabic, French, Russian or others a plus.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to listen.
• Optimism, a sense of humor, and excitement at joining a supportive, skilled, multi-cultural team that is distributed across the globe.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Proven ability to organize information, prioritize tasks, and maintain accurate records.
• Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments.
• Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews' Core Values.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job