Business Associate - Europe and Eurasia Programs
About the organization
Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. We seek to realize the potential of a digitally connected world: a world in which evidence-based information advances human progress, enables broad opportunity and accountability, and fuels vibrant civic debate.
For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. We have proudly incubated hundreds of sustainable organizations, bolstered the skills of thousands of media professionals, activists, and citizens, and helped these partners reach millions of people with quality, local information.
The Business Associate (BA) serves as a key member of the Europe and Eurasia Department. The BA is responsible for providing business support to management and program staff during pre-award, implementation, and closeout. The BA will work closely with program staff to assist in developing, managing, and reconciling budgets and project expenditures in support of program objectives. The BA will be expected to perform complicated tasks requiring prior experience, education or training. the BA will also assist the Business Manager to implement and maintain effective financial management controls and ensure compliance with funder requirements and Internews' policies and procedures.
Key Responsibilities include the following:
- Tracks monthly expenditures against project and portfolio budgets;
- Assists management and program staff to forecast planned expenditures;
- Reviews invoices, payment requests, advance requests, expense reimbursements and proper coding, prior to approval;
- Reviews sub-grantee financial reports and any supporting documentation;
- Reviews and reconciles monthly credit card statements;
- Assists in preparing proposal budgets, budget narratives, and budget modifications;
- Assists in investigating financial discrepancies and deficiencies;
- Drafts contracts for external consultants and services as needed;
- Provides ad hoc financial and administrative support to management, as requested;
- University degree
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written Russian
- Two years of experience working with an international NGO is preferable
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations, particularly USAID and US State Department
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Intermediate expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Proven ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments;
- US work authorization required
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job