Business Applications Technician II
Thurston County Prosecuting Attorney's Office
About the organization
The Thurston County Prosecuting Attorney's Office prosecutes misdemeanor and felony crimes throughout the county. Our office works diligently to seek justice for crime victims, enforce the rights of children entitled to child support, and serve as legal representative for Thurston County Government.
- Provide guidance and direction to staff and troubleshoot problems related to specific technology applications. - -
- Designing or customizing software (based upon established standards) to fit the needs of the Prosecutor's Office overseeing the use and operation of the system.
- Additional responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Facilitates the department's production of data necessary to achieve broad department objectives; may include assessment of information needs, analysis of workflow, and evaluation of available software packages.
- Serves as primary liaison with outside consultants to seek solutions to problems, and plan technology installations.
- Maximizes the department's use of software through designing spreadsheet and word processing macros; developing databases.
- Develops quality assurance and quality control procedures to assure integrity of the system and database.
- Develops training procedures for staff and users related to the hardware/software and database.
- May load specified software packages such as operating systems, word processing, or spreadsheet programs into department PCs; troubleshoots hardware problems prior to seeking outside support. Maintains inventory of software and hardware throughout the department.
- Responds to users' inquiries concerning systems operations; diagnoses software and operator problems; seeks and implements solutions; replaces software packages.
- AA degree in computer science or related field and two years of progressive responsibility with at least six months in a leadership capacity.
- Thorough knowledge of hardware including Mainframe and peripherals, personal computers, network servers, communication devices, printers, plotters, etc.
- Depending upon area of assignment, knowledge and experience related to specific department's needs and objectives. Must have a clear knowledge and considerable background of the department served.
- Thorough knowledge of software including network and desktop operating systems, office automation, programming languages, database products.
- Knowledge of pertinent local, state and federal laws.
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures and to analyze complex problems.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and manage a database.
- Current Washington State Driver's License or have requested and obtained an appropriate accommodation.
$4,874.00 - $6,482.00 Monthly
Contact email: [email protected]
Items required for consideration:
- Letter of Interest
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job