Building Management Specialist - Emerging Leaders Program
General Services Administration
About the organization
GSA leads the way in green building design, construction, retrofit and sustainable operations and maintenance. GSA is building a 21st century govt. that procures and manages technology solutions in smart, secure, and affordable ways. It supports reductions in federal government real estate costs and increases in workplace efficiencies by strategically integrating space, people, and technology solutions customized to different workplace needs.
The Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) provides opportunities for entry-level talent hired into a variety of career tracks to develop a broad knowledge of the agency and its core functions. The program consists of a training curriculum focused on professional development which includes leadership competencies, GSA business knowledge, and technical skills. Upon completion of the program, these individuals are well-positioned with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform in mission critical positions across the agency.
Help the Federal government meet efficiency, sustainability and customer service targets with the General Services Administration as a Building Management Specialist.
- Assists the Building Manager with building operations, maintenance, repair, alteration, historic preservation, recycling, concessions, safety, environmental and security in GSA-owned and/or leased buildings
- Monitors efficient occupant space utilization, energy and water conservation, sustainability and environmental hazards programs, and fire and security protection; monitors programs related to tenant safety and comfort
- Participates on teams which evaluate and recommend materials and equipment related to HVAC, electrical, standby generators, lighting, fire protection systems, and vertical transportation systems
- As a customer service representative, develops a positive working relationships with customer agencies and client personnel
- Analyzes tenant agency space and service requirements in relation to overall facility operating plans, and applicable agreements established with client agencies and other service providers
- Assists the Building Manager in managing the contracting and leasing administration process as needed on behalf of tenant agencies and GSA
Knowledge of analytical and evaluative techniques in order to identify client agency and building tenants’ facility needs in relation to customer satisfaction; evaluate and interpret required customer survey responses and other similar data; and to make recommendations for action based on consideration of all aspects of a problem.
Skill in interpersonal relations and in written and oral communications required to explain and evaluate client and technical operating requirements; coordinate work efforts and negotiate resolutions to problems; present information; tenant and conduct tenant interviews and discussions in a concise and professional manner.
You will be assessed on the following competencies:
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Stress Tolerance
GS 7/9 GS 12 Full Promotion Potential
Contact email: [email protected]
Email to apply. Subject line should include “job title” and location(s) applying to.
1) Resume in standard or Federal format
2) DOS to show NCE status. Transcripts or other documentation we should consider if you're requesting an NCE extension (only up to 24 months beyond initial NCE expiration date)
3) Cover letter
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply