Budget Analyst (GS-9)
Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Water
About the organization
EPA's Office of Water ensures drinking water is safe, and restores and maintains oceans, watersheds, and their aquatic ecosystems to protect human health, support economic and recreational activities, and provide healthy habitat for fish, plants, and wildlife.
This position is on the Resource Management and Information Staff of the Office of Science and Technology, which works with states, Tribes, and other stakeholders to develop recommended safe water quality levels for toxics, nutrients, and pathogens to help ensure our nation's waters can be used for fishing, swimming, and drinking water supplies. OST also develops national economically and technologically achievable performance standards to address water pollution from industry. In addition, our Water Reuse Program helps foster collaboration among water reuse stakeholders and helps advance water reuse applications across the United States.
1. Identify and analyze basic budgetary trends, changes and relationships for program segments and activities. Perform basic analysis, and management of segments of the Office Working Capital Fund (WCF) accounts. This includes, but is not limited to, assisting in the creation and management of all accounts, ordering products, monitoring registrations and projects, generating and reviewing WCF reports, etc.
2. Perform budget execution support of assigned organizations and programs. For example: Assist with multi-year appropriations, allotments from several appropriations, transfer of funds from other agencies, reimbursements for services performed, and revenue from working capital funds. Serve as Alternate Funds Control Officer.
3. Define procurement needs and monitor procurement practices and procedures. For example: Serve as Purchase Card Holder and assist with eBusiness management. Conduct property management to include use, security, and disposal of equipment. Coordinate the procurement of supplies, property, licenses, and services acquired with Federal and other funds as designated by the supervisor.
4. Provide customer support for financial and administrative systems. Utilize acquired knowledge and technical expertise to balance customer requirements, available resources, and office goals and objectives while striving to maintain top quality customer service.
1) Ability to analyze a program’s financial resources;
2) Skill in oral communication sufficient to provide technical advice on an organization’s budget;
3) Knowledge of budgeting processes and systems;
4) Skill in writing sufficient to prepare detailed narrative justifications for projected funding;
5) Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and precedents which impact administrative programs and processes;
6) Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations.
7) Ability to plan budgets based on an organization’s objectives and sources of funding;
8) Ability to conduct and apply analytical and evaluative methods to improve administrative efficiency and effectiveness;
9) Knowledge of budget-related laws, regulations, policies, precedents, and techniques;
Federal General Schedule Grade 9
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply