Bosnia and Herzegovina: Change Manager, Editorial Program Lead
About the organization
At Internews, we believe everyone deserves trustworthy news and information to make informed decisions about their lives and hold power to account. We train journalists and digital rights activists, tackle disinformation, and offer business expertise to help media outlets become financially sustainable. We do all of this in partnership with local communities – who are the people best placed to know what works.
We support independent media in 100 countries, from radio stations in refugee camps, to hyper-local news outlets, to individual activists and reporters. We’ve helped our partners reach millions of people with quality, local information that saves lives, improves livelihoods, and holds institutions accountable.
Internews seeks a Change Manager, Editorial Program Lead for a potential USAID-funded media development project in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) focused on supporting media partners in BiH to enhance the quality of their content production, facilitate adherence to journalist standards, expand their reach and appeal to target audiences, improve their business practices to help them operate as viable enterprises, and increase their security from politically motivated lawsuits and cyberattacks. Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, they will manage a diverse team of local and international consultants, mentors, experts, and implementing media partners to effectively design, oversee, and bring to fruition individual comprehensive projects that broadly focus on various aspects of editorial development. This position will be based in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina or remotely in the Balkan region.
Note: Hiring will be contingent upon receipt of funding.
- At least 7 years of professional experience working as a media professional in areas related to editorial development; newsroom management experience is strongly preferred.
- At least 2 years of successful experience providing technical support and expertise to media outlets to improve the quality and appeal of content produced.
- Deep understanding of the media sector in BiH, as well as specific knowledge of the technical challenges facing media outlets in the country.
- Working knowledge in the following areas; professional experience in at least three of these areas preferred: digital and multimedia content production, media professionalism and ethics, gender sensitive and inclusive reporting, and audience engagement and analytics.
- Demonstrated staff management and mentoring abilities.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a large international team.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze program progress and make strategic suggestions to adjust approaches to ensure program successes, often within tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to creatively problem-solve and provide ethical management.
- English fluency required, Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian proficiency highly preferred.
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job