Bilingual Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Clinica Family Health
About the organization
Clinica Family Health is a community health center, a medical safety net for those who otherwise might fall through the cracks of the American health care system. For more than 40 years, Clinica has existed to provide health care to the individuals and families in our community at a price they can afford. Young or old, people of any race or ethnicity or income level—we are here to provide them with exceptional health care because no one should have to choose between obtaining the health care they need and other necessities such as housing or food.
This job exists to: Partner with other providers to encourage and help patients receive the behavioral support necessary to impact their overall health.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides brief intervention and consultation in real time to patients and interventions provided are helpful to both patients and referring members of the care team.
• Responsible for the Assessment, treatment planning and episodes of brief, goal focused therapy for established Clinica patients.
• Actively participates and utilizes supervision feedback (both from the CMD and the BH Program Manager) to improve patient care.
• Responsible for crisis intervention counseling as referred by providers. Acts as a consultant to other staff on skillful and effective intervention with patients, including crisis intervention.
• Manages/monitors mental health referrals to CMHC’s for patients with higher behavioral health needs.
• Responsible for resolving conflicts in a professional manner and is a model for strong interpersonal communication skills with all staff.
Manages and strives to achieve the target number of patient encounters and satisfies minimum documentation requirements for all services rendered.
• Responsible for follow-up of high-risk patients, especially patients with depression as indicated by the depression registry’s targeted outcome measures.
• Coordinates care for complex patients with co-morbid mental and physical health conditions
A. Education / Experience:
1. Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Clinical Psychologist related Master’s Degree or licensure required within six months of completion of supervision hours as required by the State Licensing Board requirements.
2. Two years experience in community health preferred.
B. Knowledge, skills and abilities:
1. Short term, strategic, goal oriented therapy skills (SFBT) in a CHC or other health care setting.
2. Familiarity with current DSM and ICD Diagnosis Codes.
3. Sensitivity to low income, ethnic minority community.
4. Bilingual in Spanish required.
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
• All Clinica Family Health Services employees and managers
• Outside contacts such as community members and community agencies
• Other healthcare providers
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
• Data and data-base development and resources
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
• Usual office environment with sitting, walking, standing, stooping.
• Ability to travel from clinic to clinic in own vehicle as required.
• Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as email and telephone.
• Lifting up to 30 pounds.
• Requires sufficient near vision to be able to read documents and computer screen.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit a copy of your resume along with applying via the link for the application.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job