AzFBN AmeriCorps VISTA Leader
Arizona Food Bank Network
About the organization
The Arizona Food Bank Network (AzFBN) is a coalition of 5 regional food banks and almost 1,000 food pantries and agencies, working to address hunger in Arizona. Together, our network feeds almost one million people each year in all 15 counties in Arizona. We amplify the good work of these food banks by raising awareness about hunger, coordinating large food donations between food banks, and providing resources and education.
If you are passionate about feeding the hungry, have previous national service experience, and are ready to help manage a statewide program of VISTAs combating hunger in a variety of ways, then this position is for you!
With the abundance that our country has, no person should go hungry, which is why the Arizona Food Bank Network’s (AzFBN’s) vision is a hunger free AZ. AzFBN is a network of 5 member food banks, with their 1000 associated emergency food providers, that is a state-wide anti-hunger agency who combats hunger through advocacy, innovation of new efficient ways to combat hunger, and supporting food banks and pantries to feed those in need.
Throughout AzFBN’s network, there are organizations combating hunger in unique ways that depend on VISTAs to develop and implement impactful projects that serve the most vulnerable in the state. In order to ensure that AzFBN’s broader VISTA program and these individual projects are impactful and successful, AzFBN is recruiting a VISTA Leader to help manage their VISTA program. AzFBN has different VISTA projects throughout the state with various host sites, and hopes to further expand their program to bring on new host sites and VISTA projects with the leadership of a VISTA Leader. In order to accomplish this, the Leader will need to increase the efficiency, efficacy, and scalability of AzFBN’s broader VISTA program.
Key Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, & Qualifications
• Required to have completed at least one full term of service with VISTA, AmeriCorps State and National, or NCCC, or have completed one year of Peace Corps service.
• College degree, or relevant experience in place of degree.
• Strong initiative, comfortable with self-directed work, and ability to work with limited supervision is required.
• Strong leadership skills, including comfortability with managing a statewide group of individuals working in very diverse contexts.
• Experience developing new programs, and proven ability to successfully expand and grow existing programs.
• Prior experience training and mentoring others.
• Ability to conduct outreach with new and existing partners and represent the organization in a professional capacity.
• Prior experience or knowledge of recruiting is advantageous.
• Passion for combating hunger.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
• Able to travel as needed throughout the state; work related travel reimbursed.
Benefits for VISTA Leaders
• Increased living stipend to cover the basic costs of living (find out more at nationalservice.gov)
• Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend
• Health coverage at no-cost
• 10 personal and 10 sick days
• Relocation allowance
• Student loan forbearance and deferment
• Childcare assistance if eligible
• Professional development training
• One year of non-competitive eligibility
living stipend and other benefits
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job