Autonomous Shuttle Specialist
About the organization
Beep Inc. is expanding its operations and is looking for motivated team players who want a front row seat to emerging and developing self-driving technology. Beep is an Autonomous Mobility-as-a-Service provider with a focus on safely planning, deploying, and managing self-driving shuttles on the roadways while having a positive impact on the environment through the use of green technology. We are looking for self-starters who embrace our mission of transforming and shaping the transportation of the future and who share our passion supporting current and future communities with an alternative means of transportation to personal vehicles. Founded by experienced fleet managers and technology entrepreneurs, Beep delivers the next generation of services for passenger mobility.
Essential Job Functions:
· Effectively communicate with passengers onboard our shuttles to serve as an ambassador of the AV technology and the communities we serve
· Track, report, and troubleshoot shuttle performance in the field with the support of the technical operations team to diagnose issues and provide resolution
· Perform and document basic vehicle inspections pre- and post- shift to ensure the safety and protection of the asset
· Provide logistical support for the movement and storage of vehicles and equipment
· Ensure the readiness and cleanliness of vehicles, equipment, and the workplace
· Troubleshooting skills to research and determine causes of unexpected issues
· Confidence operating equipment with a joystick or video game controller
· Quick study with the ability to understand, and keep current on, operational requirements of the autonomous shuttle
· Effective verbal communication skills in front of small groups
· Must enjoy being a team player and interacting with the Beep team and our customers
· Professional appearance and a great attitude
· Must have a good driving record, with current state driver's license
· Good physical condition to perform essential job functions
· Must be able to pass background and reference checks
Contact email: [email protected]
The role offers paid training and 100 days of hands-on learning. You will need to provide your own RV or place to live during this time. From 4/26/2021 to mid August.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job