Austin VISTA Summer Associate
Girls Empowerment Network
About the organization
Founded in 1996, Girls Empowerment Network’s mission is to ignite the power in girls by teaching them the skills to thrive and believe in their ability to be unstoppable. Girls in grades 3-12 experience our self-efficacy curriculum at schools, camps, and conferences in Central Texas and Houston.
• Recruit program attendees and work with girls and families who need a sponsorship to ensure access to
• Plan curriculum and coordinate with partner organizations as needed to ensure an impactful summer
• Generate materials, supplies, and space for CAMP as needed.
• Facilitate curriculum – build and maintain relationships girls who attend CAMP.
• Contribute to curriculum development for year-long programming.
• Assist with focus groups in the community to gather information on the community's perception of Girls Empowerment Network and self-efficacy and determine the best ways to scale programming.
• Strong personal alignment with and a commitment to the mission of Girls Empowerment Network.
• 1+ years experience in planning and facilitating youth programming.
• A leader with a can-do spirit and a natural ability to build positive relationships with other people very quickly.
• A self-starter who embraces new challenges and is internally motivated to succeed.
• Strong communication skills, both in-person and through email.
• Comfortable with and skilled in:
o Trouble-shooting challenges and coming to responsible solutions
o Balancing multiple deadlines and projects simultaneously to deliver high quality work,
o Working as a part of a team,
o Public speaking and championing the Girls Empowerment Network mission,
o Working with diverse populations, and
o Representing an agency in the community.
• Reliable transportation.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job