Department of the Treasury/Bureau of the Fiscal Service
About the organization
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world and we celebrate each individual’s identities and experiences. Our core value of inclusive diversity encourages our employees to be themselves and innovate from their unique perspectives. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
• Prepare review programs that define the scope, objectives, methodology, and tasks to be performed in conducting assigned reviews. Plan, prepare, and execute the fieldwork program using interviews, sampling techniques, observations, flow charts, confirmations, and other techniques. The incumbent is responsible for identifying the appropriate technique to be utilized in performing the review. Identify and develop issues and develop recommendations to correct control deficiencies or other issues. Prepare audit reports. Prepare all work papers to document all actions taken on tasks assigned. Cross-references work papers to the final report.
• Lead or assist in scheduled internal control reviews or audits. Responsible for preparing a project plan and timeline; document the project objectives, scope, and methodology; utilize statistical sampling; prepare the audit report; consult with management and the program area to obtain concurrence on the finding and recommendations; review work papers and provide guidance to team members; prepare power point presentations.
• Participate in the identification of the Bureau's assessable units and the internal control assessment process as required. Assist offices in performing risk assessments of their operations. Assist in aligning the internal control group with enterprise risk management.
Specialized experience: For the GS-12, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Planning and executing in all phases of an audit; including usage of a computer software to gather and analyze data and experience preparing audit work papers; AND
-Collecting, analyzing, and summarizing audit data to support conclusions; AND
-Participates during entrance and exit conference briefings to present audit objectives and potential findings.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following time-in-grade requirement, if applicable:
For the GS-12, you must have been at the GS-11 level for 52 weeks.
A. Degree: accounting, auditing; or a degree including auditing courses in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law.
B. Combination of education and experience: at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include one of the following:
1. Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality.
$77,488 to $113,362 per year
Contact email: [email protected]
Position located in Hyattsville, MD; Parkersburg, WV; Washington, D.C.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job