Asylum Seekers and Families Program Manager
International Rescue Committee
In 2018, the IRC in Arizona expanded its programs to serve greater numbers of families and individuals seeking asylum in the U.S. who are residing in or passing through the State of Arizona. The Asylum Seekers and Families Program Manager for the IRC in Arizona will help to strengthen and expand these services and position them for longer-term sustainability and positive community impact.
The Asylum Seekers and Families Program Manager will oversee and coordinate IRC’s daily activities and services for asylum seeking families and individuals in Arizona, including emergency services at the Phoenix Welcome Center. They will remain in close communication with IRC staff in both Phoenix and Tucson and with other involved entities to ensure strong collaboration and coordination and to minimize duplication and overlap.
• Undergraduate and graduate degree preferred, ideally in a social work, migration, or international related field of study.
• Demonstrated understanding of the U.S. immigration system and stakeholders; awareness of and commitment to the rights and realities of immigrant communities in the U.S. and region, particularly along the U.S.-Mexico border.
• Five years of related professional experience; preferably with a non-profit or social service organization.
• Three years of experience in program management.
• Three years of experience in staff supervision.
• Demonstrated understanding of fiscal management and reporting.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with limited-English speakers in a multi-cultural environment.
• Highly organized self-starter with proven success prioritizing multiple tasks, making critical decisions, and delivering results in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Strategic, creative, problem solver capable of working well independently and as a part of a team.
• Follow and maintain strict guidelines of client and staff confidentiality.
• Advanced computer proficiency with an emphasis on Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook) database systems, desktop publishing, and PowerPoint. Strong command of Excel and budget management preferred.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, active insurance policy, access to reliable transportation
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job