Associate Principal – (Operations Management)
About the organization
I am recruiting on behalf of Miyamoto International (“Miyamoto”), a firm that is in business to make the world a better, safer place. Miyamoto is a global multi-hazard engineering and international development firm that provides resiliency expertise that sustains industries and safeguards communities around the world. They work with governments, international development banks, including The World Bank and Inter-American Development Bank, UN agencies, NGOs and other partners in the international development and humanitarian assistance sector to help communities build resilience to natural disasters.
We seek an Associate Principal - Operations Management who has a passion for international development and humanitarian work to become a member of our growing and dynamic global team. This position will be based in Washington, DC.
The Associate Principal – Operations Management is responsible for operational excellence across the rapidly expanding International Development and Humanitarian Assistance (ID) portfolio at Miyamoto International. As a key member of the leadership team, the Associate Principal will work closely with ID leadership and Miyamoto’s enterprise services to develop an effective, efficient, and results-driven operational platform that extends to project offices, and will be responsible for effective day-to-day management of ID finance, administration, procurement, budgeting, compliance, safety and security, and cost proposal development.
Additionally, the Associate Principal will develop mechanisms to enhance and uphold Miyamoto International policies and standards e.g., standard operating procedures along with overseeing training and compliance with the company’s PSEA, code of conduct, anti-fraud, and safety/security policies.
Miyamoto International views operations as an integral foundation of its programming; the Associate Principal, will be an active change manager and is expected to contribute to strengthening the integration of all operations with programs by working closely with the program team and fostering positive collaboration.
• Bachelor’s Degree in international relations/international development, business, project management, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the International Development sector, preferably managing operational platforms and/or managing multi-million dollar projects.
• Minimum 2 years at the headquarters (HQ) level of a Development/Humanitarian organization.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a management level position.
• Excellent knowledge of enterprise services and synchronizing with programs.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience with USAID compliance and accountability system and procedures.
• At least 4 years of hands-on experience developing technical and cost proposals, project cycle management, and M&E.
• Demonstrated skills and motivation towards gender and cultural sensitivities, valuing diversity and championing organizational and staff diversity, upholding the organizational core values.
• Must have legal authorization to work in the US without sponsorship.
Contact email: [email protected]
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit the following documents to [email protected], with “Associate Principal - DC” in the Subject line.
1.) Resume/CV that clearly shows you meet the Qualifications Requirements, and
2.) Brief (1 page) cover letter highlighting relevant knowledge and experience in the qualifications areas mentioned.
3.) After receipt of application, candidates will be notified and must apply online through Miyamoto’s employment portal to be considered for the position.
Miyamoto International is an equal opportunity employer.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job