Associate Operations and Compliance Manager - Silver Spring, MD
Medical Care Development
About the organization
Over the past 40 years, Medical Care Development International (MCDI), the international health division of Medical Care Development, Inc. (MCD), has worked to strengthen health systems through practical, evidence-based and high-impact interventions across several public health sectors in over 40 countries. MCDI collaborates with donors, national governments, the private sector, health agencies, communities and local stakeholder to improve the health outcomes of vulnerable populations. By joining MCDI, employees join a diverse network of highly capable individuals, many of whom are experts in their field.
MCDI is seeking a full time Associate Operations and Compliance Manager (AOCM) to provide support to the Operations Department and the Director of Operations (DO). The AOCM will assist in a variety of areas for MCD’s domestic and international operations: (1) contracts management; (2) human resources administration; (3) logistics, (4) procurement and supplies management, (5) financial and administrative management in MCD’s overseas offices, (6) capacity building and professional development, and (7) knowledge management and innovation technology management. In each of these functional areas, the AOCM will provide assistance to the officers charged with these functional responsibilities, ensuring that these functions are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that is above-all facilitative of the field office operations.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, international relations, or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing the operations aspects of an international non- profit. Experience working with developing countries preferred.
• Experience in donor funded technical, financial, and procurement regulations
• Experience in budget development and monitoring and financial reporting
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Prior supervisory experience required
• Solid analytical and organizational skills
• Proficient in the use Microsoft Office tools
• Fluent in English. French or Spanish language is a plus
• Able to travel internationally approximately 10% of the time
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job