Associate, Global SRH
Clinton Health Access Initiative
About the organization
The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) is a global health organization driven by its mission to save lives and reduce the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
The Associate will provide technical and programmatic support to 2-3 program countries in Africa to support introduction of new reproductive health products and improve sexual, reproductive health service delivery. To support this work, CHAI’s Global SRH Team is seeking a highly motivated individual with superior problem-solving and communication skills who is resourceful, collaborative, and proficient in quantitative analysis. The candidate should have experience working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment and functioning independently with minimal guidance. The candidate must have excellent relationship-building and communication skills and ability to work effectively with others remotely.
The position will also support country teams to remain abreast of global best practices and evidence related to SRH and to translate this information into improvements in country-specific programs and approaches. The role will be expected to work collaboratively with country teams to design programs, identify country-specific opportunities for improving SRH service delivery, document and evaluate progress, and communicate lessons learned. The Associate will report to the Global SRH Program Manager. Base location is flexible, with a strong preference for a CHAI SRH program in Africa, pending Country Director Approval. Expected travel is 50%.
• Support country teams to develop targeted MOH plans (map existing resources, identify gaps and the greatest opportunities for impact, and develop strategic and operational business plans that prioritize select high-value interventions) in line with priorities for in-country project execution to reduce maternal and neonatal mortality, to reduce unmet need and reach additional users of contraception and increase access to safe abortion and postabortion care services where applicable
• Create relevant documents and tools to support program activities
• Provide country teams with global guidance and evidence required to support development of national SRMNH related policies, protocols, and guidelines to support greater access to family planning and legal abortion services and postabortion care
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 3 years of experience or Master’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 2 years of work experience in a demanding and fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and high level of proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
• Work experience in a results-oriented environment
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and quantitative skills, and ability to use data to inform program development and strategy
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/1wObglCj8lqBtPVRSlnOO
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job