Associate Director, Recruitment Programs
About the organization
We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
It takes a village to bring best-in-class, ever-evolving camp programs to over 32,000 campers, with over 2,000 staff to the Bay, Southern California and Chicago areas each summer. At Galileo HQ, we believe that through the work of each person and team, we bring our values to life, and constantly make our company and culture better.
We’re looking for a people-focused Associate Director, Recruitment Programs who is both visionary and a deft executor, ready to greet a large-scale hiring operation with eagerness.
• You’ll create and execute the plan to find great people (in large numbers) to join the Galileo team and will be accountable to the application targets we need each year. This work includes optimizing online recruitment strategies and channels, vendor and agency management, and helping build out our university/campus recruiting and strategic partnerships strategies.
• You’ll obsess over data and use it to understand what’s working and not working, measure progress toward goals and to adjust course as needed. You’ll regularly communicate metrics headlines and hiring progress to hiring team members and the greater company.
• You’ll lead, support, collaborate and develop. You will lead and manage a team of 3-5, leveraging high expectations and thoughtful support to push your team to greatness. You will also collaborate a lot—primarily with your peers who lead employee branding, marketing and staff selection as well as hiring managers, other teams across Galileo and external partners.
• You’ll contribute to the short and long-term vision of the People Operations team. You will be part of the leadership team on the People Operations team and help refine and expand the vision for how the team will maximize opportunities and execute with excellence in the midst of growth.
• 3+ years in a talent acquisition role, especially experience with program management and using multiple sourcing techniques to identify qualified and diverse candidates. Sourcing experience with educators, college students and/or seasonal roles a plus.
• 3+ years of people-oriented management experience and leadership: people want to work with you and for you.
• Experience and a love for using data to drive strategies and plans.
• Experience managing vendors and recruiting campaigns, including cost negotiation.
• Demonstrated experience building and scaling systems, with a lens towards creative problem solving.
• A desire to work for a mission-driven organization.
• The ability to collaborate closely with others and operate as both a manager and individual contributor.
• Knowledge of systems/channels such as iCIMS, Indeed, Appcast, Handshake a plus.
• Readiness to stick around; we've been named one of The Best Places to Work in the Bay Area for ten consecutive years, and find that our team and team members benefit from a 3 year minimum commitment.
To be discussed during interview process
Contact email: [email protected]
• Base and bonus potential to be discussed during interview
• Employee medical and dental benefits provided by Galileo; employee-paid dependent care and multiple ancillary benefits available
• 401(k) provided after one year of employment; current Galileo contribution is 3%, with an employee contribution option
• We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need; 25 personal days per year
• We offer a significant camp discount to year-round employees
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job