Associate Director of Marketing, Demand Generation
About the organization
We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
It takes a village to bring best-in-class camp programs to over 30,000 campers each summer. At HQ, we believe that we are Galileo; through the work of each contributor and team, we bring our values to life, and constantly make our company and culture better. Because here, values aren’t just lip service — we aim to be more visionary, courageous, collaborative, determined and reflective each day, and back that effort up with structure to ensure our success. People who work hard, seek feedback to improve their work and themselves, feel deeply accountable for excellent work product, and play very, very well with others tend to thrive in our culture. Complainers don’t.
• You’ll be the visionary, architect, and manager of Galileo’s demand generation strategy with a strong emphasis on company growth through lead generation, pipeline/funnel creation, and customer nurturing. You’ll drive for a repeatable, scalable and predictable demand generation engine that meets business and revenue goals.
• You’ll be a beacon of both strategy and performance. You’ll ensure outbound programs are tracked and measured with critical emphasis on measuring ROI and funnel development using analytics, automation, nurture, personalization and segmentation.
• You’ll become an expert on our existing and potential customers, while tailoring a strategy based on deep empathy, understanding, and research. You’ll oversee market research and provide quantifiable insights into the customer journey, customer demographics, reputation NPI and other intelligence to inform ongoing improvement and growth of demand generation efforts.
• You’ll be a key leader on the Galileo team, and for our core business. You’ll optimize the marketing automation strategy and institute governance to oversee and grow quality customers and leads within the CRM, while regularly communicating progress on assigned business KPIs to company leadership.
• You’ll be a leader and mentor on a close knit team. You’ll weigh in on and support everything from content development to campaigns to promotions.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or a related field
• 8+ years of experience leading strategic demand generation, email segmentation, lead generation, marketing automation or related for B2C or combined B2C/B2B business
• Comfort and experience using the following programs and platforms: Microsoft, Google, and Adobe suites; Salesforce CRM, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and/or Marketo; communication and program management tools (such as Slack, Asana, Basecamp or Trello); analytics systems such as GA, Tableau, Excel or related
• Fundamental knowledge of WordPress, HTML, SEO, PPC or related
• Previous work in creative writing, campaign development, traditional direct mail and/or multi-location marketing a plus
• Demonstrated past experience in event marketing, direct response, e-commerce marketing or similar
• Skilled at, and experience with soliciting and implementing feedback to improve performance
• Readiness to stick around; we find that our team and team members benefit from a three year minimum commitment
Base and bonus potential to be discussed during interview
Benefits & Compensation
• Base and bonus potential to be discussed during interview
• Employee medical and dental benefits provided by Galileo; employee-paid dependent care and multiple ancillary benefits available
• Generous parental leave and extensive support with leave planning
• 401(k) provided after one year of employment; current Galileo contribution is 3%, with an employee contribution option
• We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need; 20 personal days per year
• We offer a significant camp discount to year-round and seasonal employees
Galileo Headquarters, 1021 3rd Street, Oakland, CA 94607
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job