Associate Director of Employee Engagement
About the organization
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work together across geographies on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
Primarily, the Associate Director of Employee Engagement will serve as primary Culture and Talent Business Partner (CAT BP) to assigned departments. In this role you will:
- Work closely with team leadership in retaining top retention talent, integrating culture, and responding to other key firm-identified personnel priorities
- Assist management and leadership in resolving employee relation issues and recommending action for sensitive and complex situations
- Coach assigned department heads and management in performance management processes, compensation, and management decision making
- Manage development support plans and performance improvement programs and protocols for underperforming team members, including facilitating terminations as necessary
- Respond to employee complaints and concerns; conduct internal investigations, while ensuring compliance with applicable Company policy and federal, state, and local statutes.
- Collaborate with CAT’s recruiting function to help identify and plan your department’s workforce needs
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and training to departments as needed
- Conduct exit interviews for all departures within your departments, and act as a back-up for all exits within the firm
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of experience
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in HR, Organizational Development, Employee Relations, or HR Business Partnership
- HR certification a plus (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, etc)
- Excellent emotional intelligence and a demonstrated growth mindset
- Demonstrated cultural awareness and inclusive leadership
- Proven ability to work inclusively with diverse teams, audiences, and stakeholders to achieve shared goals, including excellent teamwork, relationship building, and customer service
- The ability to help effectively communicate difficult messages; to adapt style, tone, and content to meet various need
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
Arabella Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to racial equity. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We encourage you to read (or listen to) our DEI statement prior to applying. We make a particular effort to recruit people of color and members of marginalized groups to apply for open positions. Once you have applied, we welcome your feedback on how you have experienced our values around DEI in the recruitment process.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses. All applicants must already be legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of application to be considered for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job