Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI)
About the organization
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
The Laboratory Services Team (LST) is a key source of support for Ministries of Health and CHAI's country teams. LST works to address barriers to access and foster a healthy, competitive marketplace for essential diagnostic testing. The team coordinates global efforts on access to diagnostics, working closely with diagnostics manufacturers, governments, and multilateral organizations to lower prices, increase access to testing, and accelerate the entry and uptake of new innovative products.
- Provide technical support and bandwidth across country teams on a broad range of activities, including but not limited to Covid-19 testing-related strategy and planning, forecasting, procurements and supply chain management, etc.
- Work closely with the Global Vaccines team on country support and facilitate involvement of topic area experts from LST or other CHAI teams on country work streams as required
- Collaborate with the Global Markets team to support CHAI’s supply-side engagement on Covid-19 diagnostics
- Lead preparations of presentations, reports, and other analyses to inform global and country-level strategy on Covid-19 testing
- Support internal and external reporting requirements and coordinate with global and country teams, as needed, to seek inputs
- Up to 50% international travel time could be required once situation allows
- Other responsibilities as needed
There is a strong preference for this Associate to be based in a CHAI program country in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience working in management consulting or similar fast-paced results-oriented environments
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and work in a multicultural environment within a matrixed team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and drive forward work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to prepare and deliver compelling presentations and work on analyses at varying levels of granularity
- Technical proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Fluent in English, proficiency in both written and verbal
- Master's degree (MPH or other relevant degree)
- Experience working in developing countries or working on global health issues (e.g. HIV/AIDS, TB, malaria and/or maternal and child health programs)
- Lab and diagnostics-related experience, either in a programmatic or clinical setting
- Experience working remotely with a decentralized team
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job