Assistant Program Manager, STEM Classes and Camps
Empow Studios Inc.
About the organization
At Empow Studios, we educate children ages 7-17 in coding, engineering, and digital arts with a focus on fun, discovery, and building a life-long passion in STEM. We have won more awards for excellence, and offer more programs, in more locations, than any other STEM education provider in Massachusetts.
Help Run high quality programs
- Plan and manage program operations to ensure that our programs run smoothly: schedule classes and teachers, ensure compliance with regulations, and manage inventory of program materials
- Lead and/or support specific elements of our program delivery by type (e.g., camps, classes, schools), regions, and/or key program functions (e.g., recruiting, training, customer service, and evaluation).
- Supervise and support instructors to implement with fidelity Empow’s defined pedagogy, curriculum, and program design
- Support Program Managers in collecting and review program metrics and student progress; identify risks and proactively solve problems to ensure high quality results for each student, teacher, and school
Build strong relationships with families and schools
- Educate potential and current customers about the range of Empow programs; help them find the programs that best meet their needs
- Ensure strong communications with families including instructor progress reports and tailored recommendations
- Ensure that instructors build strong mentor relationships with their students
- Support the Program Manager(s) and Regional Director in maintaining strong relationships with school partners, ensuring that our instructors, technology, curriculum, and support staff are working together to achieve stated goals; proactively identify and solve problems
- Address customer concerns quickly and effectively
At Empow Studios, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for students, families and schools. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
- At least two years’ experience as an educator - previous management experience a plus!
- Passion for STEM and familiarity with much of the breadth of the technologies covered in Empow’s STEM curriculum
- Demonstrated proficiency in several project management skills such as strong attention to detail and experience tracking and managing components of multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness and ability to proactively identify and offer solutions to potential challenges
- Willingness to learn to advocate internally for needs of self and team
- Desire to provide quality customer service and help families and partners find the Empow programs that best meet their needs
- Dedication to personifying that values at the core of Empow’s culture through nurturing and cultivating fun, creativity, collaboration, individuality, and discovery
- Interest in and dedication to building authentic relationships, providing coaching and support to both staff and students, and ensuring families receive their best-fit education experience for their children
$40,000 - $50,000 annually
Contact email: [email protected]
We’d love to receive your RESUMÉ AND COVER LETTER introducing your amazing self! Please email both to: [email protected] with the title of the position you are applying for and your name in the subject line (e.g., Program Manager, Jane Doe)
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job