About the organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
* Edit for clarity, readability, organization, spelling, grammar, content, and layout. The Assistant Editor will learn to assess the level of edit a piece of documentation requires at every stage of the process.
* Format material according to organizational and client style guides.
* Support Editors in the Production Unit and Technical Staff on project reports, and content for new business development.
* Collaborate across departments as needed to contribute to operational efficiencies.
* Perform other tasks as deemed appropriate and necessary.
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or social sciences required
*Prior editorial and production experience is desirable, 3 months to 3 years’ experience is preferred
* Excellent writing, proofreading skills, and strong verbal communication skills are critical;
* Must work with teams, with tight deadlines, on overtime as needed, yet manage multiple tasks with a good sense of humor;
* Full proficiency in MS Word is required, including in creating, modifying, and applying styles and templates; experience with Adobe Design (Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), CorelDRAW, and MS Project is preferred;
* Familiarity with editing style guides (Chicago Manual of Style, AP, APA) is preferred;
* Strong organizational experience that demonstrates exceptional accuracy and attention to detail;
* Strong oral and written communication skills for diverse audiences;
*Proficiency in French or Spanish desirable
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Writing sample
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and any additional requested documentation, if noted above, as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech International Development Services ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/3ttmNI2
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job