Assistant Director - European Center
About the organization
Tufts is a leader in American higher education, distinctive for its success as a moderately sized university that excels at research and providing students with a personal experience. Our unique combination of research and liberal arts attracts students, faculty and staff who thrive in our environment of curiosity, creativity and engagement.
The European Center is Tufts University’s campus in Talloires, France. Between May and September, the European Center offers international academic programs for all learners: college undergraduates, high school students, alumni and adult learners.
Current programs include:
• Tufts in Talloires: A 6-week summer study abroad program open to undergraduate students from Tufts and other universities
• Tufts in Annecy: A summer program in partnership with CILFA (Centre International de Langue Française d'Annecy), an institute that specializes in teaching French as a second language to students over the age of 18.
• Tufts Summit: A summer program focused on international relations and French language studies for rising high school juniors and seniors
In addition, The European Center hosts a variety of international conferences, all of which address the mission of facilitating and promoting international understanding.
The Assistant Director manages a portfolio of international academic programs, which includes all student-facing aspects of the European Center’s international education activities. The Assistant Director also administers the day-to-day operation of the Tufts European Center in Talloires.
• Knowledge and skills as typically acquired through completion of Bachelor’s degree
• French language fluency
• Understanding of the principles of diversity and inclusion in an international setting
• Experience living outside of the United States, preferably in France
• 3-5 years experience in education abroad or student affairs, preferably with college students
• Superior writing skills in English and French
• Computer/technical literacy
• Strong teamwork skills
• Willingness and ability to spend at least 12 weeks annually living in Talloires, France
• Demonstrated international student affairs experience
• Experience in driving a standard shift car
• Master’s degree
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job