Assessment of Needs and Opportunities to Improve Ecosystem Resilience and Sustainable Tourism in Fiji
About the organization
EcoConsult Pacific is a partner in a consortium that has been shortlisted by the World Bank for this consulting opportunity, which is anticipated to be implemented through intermittent inputs involving a number of specialists in a wide-ranging area of expertise.
We are looking for senior specialists in the following fields who wish to be considered to be part of our Team:
1. Sustainable natural resources management, including biodiversity, ecosystems services and protected areas management
2. Climate Change adaptation
3. Environmental economics
4. Sustainable tourism, with demonstrated experience in the Pacific region.
Whilst we invite Expressions of Interest from specialists in the above mentioned areas of expertise, we specifically seek Expressions of Interest for the following positions:
A. Senior Natural Resources / Biodiversity Expert
- Advanced university degree in natural resources management, environmental sciences, or related field
- Significant professional experience in natural resources and conservation management in international contexts
- Experience in marine spatial planning, protected areas and/or coastal zone management
- Experience working with government officials responsible for natural resources management and conservation and multi-stakeholder partnerships required.
- Experience working with indigenous people and local communities on natural resources management and ecosystem services preferred
B. Senior Climate Change Adaptation Expert
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline such as engineering, environmental sciences or coastal management
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of climate change impacts and adaptation measures
- Experience with nature-based solutions, with a focus on coastal areas
- Experience with climate change impacts and coastal adaptation solutions in developing countries, including livelihood components
Experience in donor-funded projects in the Pacific and working with international organisations such as the World Bank, ADB, DFAT, USAID etc is considered desirable.
Full Terms of Reference can be made available on request.
The positions will remain open until suitable candidates for each of the above positions have been selected
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job