AMIDEAST/Iraq Country Director
About the organization
At AMIDEAST we pride ourselves in being a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa.
Overall responsibilities for this position include managing office operations and finances, recruiting and training staff, and developing a diverse portfolio of programs and services which include standardized testing services for students and professionals, scholarship and exchange program services for a variety of sponsors, Arabic language programs, skills enhancement courses for high school and university students, and professional training courses that focus on basic management skills, workforce development skills, English language skills, and test preparation.
The AMIDEAST/Iraq office is located in Erbil. The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing branch offices in Baghdad and in Basra and for undertaking in-country travel to current and potential clients located throughout the country.
▪ A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Education, Applied Linguistics, or a relevant field
▪ A minimum of 10 years of management experience, including the oversight of staff, projects, budgets, and facilities
▪ Demonstrated business development experience, including project design, proposal development and writing, and budgeting
▪ Demonstrated experience in marketing educational, professional, and workforce development training programs and services via traditional and online platforms
▪ Demonstrated financial management skills
▪ Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with, monitoring and evaluation activities for human resource development programs and courses
▪ Demonstrated entrepreneurial skills
▪ Exemplary writing and presentation skills
▪ Knowledge of the US higher education system
▪ A minimum of 7 years of work experience in the MENA region
▪ Strong organizational, supervisory, and interpersonal skills
▪ An ability to balance sensitive political and cultural issues and to develop a broad base of working relationships
▪ An intermediate level of spoken and written proficiency in Arabic
▪ An intermediate level of spoken and written proficiency in Kurdish
▪ An understanding of the educational and professional skills training sectors of Iraq.
Please provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to http://jobs.amideast.org
AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job