AmeriCorps (Volunteer Infrastructure Program) VIP Fellow, Community Engagement
United Way Monterey County
About the organization
Engage the community and focus resources to improve lives in Monterey County.
A caring and connected community where everyone has an opportunity to succeed.
We all want Monterey County to be a place where children succeed, families are economically self-sufficient, and each of us can lead healthy, productive lives. To achieve these goals, UWMC is focused on helping families achieve Financial Stability. We do this in a variety of ways. First, we're helping families access quality, affordable Child Care and Housing. We also provide a portfolio of financial support services to help families become self-sufficient. In addition, we offer connections - for people searching for help as well as those who want to give their time and talent to solve problems.
Develop volunteer infrastructure to support United Way Asset Building programs: Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program & Volunteer Education College Assistance Alliance (VECAA)
• Recommend, evaluate and implement targeted volunteer recruitment strategies of tax preparation and college financial aid volunteers for the VITA and VECAA programs by establishing and maintaining effective relationships with Monterey County Department of Social Services, local universities, colleges, career technical and adult education centers.
• Develop and maintain record keeping systems of volunteers including their training dates, volunteer hours and timesheets during tax season.
• Support implementation of volunteer training
• Provide volunteers with opportunities to provide feedback on training and tax preparation sites.
• Participate in analysis of data for continuous improvement of VITA and VECAA programs.
• Provide updates to social media channels that send important messages to volunteers and other stakeholders.
• Assist with refining and implementing volunteer supervision and individual evaluation.
• Utilize and make recommendations and improvements to the volunteer management database.
• Develop volunteer retention strategies and formal and informal recognition programs.
• Formalize volunteer feedback collection, analysis and apply to continuous improvement.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
• Self-motivated and able to work as both a team member and individually.
• Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn volunteer database software.
• Ability to work effectively with staff and customers from diverse backgrounds.
• Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university
• Two years related experience and/or the equivalent combination of education and
experience. Nonprofit experience desirable.
• Computer literate with experience in MS Office software including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Knowledge of Google Drive, Constant Contact, and Survey Monkey is a plus.
• Social media expertise including Facebook and Twitter; and social media analytics
• Experience collecting and documenting volunteer and customer stories is a plus.
• Ability to work varied hours, including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends.
• Ability to lift, carry and transport a 35 pound box.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license, auto insurance and a reliable automobile for regular
travel throughout Monterey County.
40 hours a week, 11 months, 1700 hours of Service
Contact email: [email protected]
Resume and cover letter required
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply