AmeriCorps Volunteer Coordinator (Multiple cities!)
About the organization
Reading Partners is a national nonprofit that mobilizes communities to provide students with the proven, individualized reading support they need to read at grade level by fourth grade.
Co-lead efforts to recruit, onboard, and train volunteer tutors to deliver Reading Partners’ tutoring programs.
- Train volunteers and orient them to Reading Partners’ curriculum
- Manage volunteer data and track volunteers through the process of becoming active tutors
- Support volunteer calls and emails to ensure a timely and positive onboarding experience
- Forge and maintain positive relationships to create a welcoming environment for volunteers
Manage a portfolio of community partners to bolster tutor recruitment efforts.
- Research and cultivate new partners and maximize existing partnerships
- Execute community engagement initiatives in the region
- Provide marketing and brand awareness support
- Root your service in our vision & values
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Hold US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
- Have not completed more than three (3) prior AmeriCorps or VISTA service terms
- Understand this position is an AmeriCorps service commitment and are dedicated to successfully completing a full term of service
- Pay strong attention to detail and manage competing priorities effectively
- Are open to learning technology systems like Salesforce, Google Apps, and Zoom Conferencing
- Bonus points if you are an AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, or other national service alum/alumna; and/or have experience volunteering with community-based or education programs
Varies, depending on location.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please apply through our application portal, Paycom.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job