AmeriCorps VISTA Team Leader
About the organization
Arizona Serve was created in 2006 when several Yavapai County service providers saw a need to build collaboration among AmeriCorps VISTA members and their projects. Today, Serve is housed in Prescott College and currently places twenty-six AmeriCorps VISTA members with twenty-three organizations and projects across Yavapai County and Pima County. Arizona Serve acts as a mentor to other National Service Projects, and seeks to bring its collaborative model of service to regions across Arizona.
The Arizona Serve VISTA Team Leader will work closely with Arizona Serve staff, and other Team Leaders to support VISTA members in Prescott during the upcoming VISTA year. The VISTA Leader position is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about addressing poverty and enjoys working with a diverse and dynamic team.
Team Development and Member Support: Working with Arizona Serve staff, the VISTA Leader will help cultivate a team culture that values collaboration, creativity and excellence. The VISTA Leader provides coaching and support to members through on-site orientation and training, monthly one-on-one meetings, team meetings, and as requested by VISTA members. The member will also help develop and lead team trainings on a regular basis.
Special Events: The Leader will plan and coordinate service projects and special events to engage VISTAs and community members. Days of service include: 9/11 Day of Remembrance, AmeriCorps Week, and MLK Day.
Community Outreach: The VISTA Leader will help increase community awareness of Arizona Serve and AmeriCorps VISTA while sharing the impact of our program. This will be achieved by writing press releases, participating in interviews, and sharing content through our social media channels and website.
Recruitment and Partner Development: One of the most critical functions of our program is attracting the most passionate and qualified candidates. The Leader will assist staff with recruitment by drafting position descriptions, inviting candidates to apply, and conducting first-round interviews. The Leader will also assist in developing partnerships with local organizations.
Organizational Support: The Leader will assist staff in ongoing programmatic evaluation and development, goal setting, capacity building, and resource development.
- Education, Skills, and Abilities
- Completed at least one term as an AmeriCorps VISTA member, AmeriCorps State member, NCCC member, or Peace Corps Service.
- College Degree required or equivalent experience
- 18 years or older, no upper age limit. All ages are welcome and encouraged to apply
- Experience coordinating social media
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and ability to update a website
- Strong writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team setting in a consistent, energetic, positive manner
- Event planning and coordination experience desired
- Group facilitation and public speaking skills
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Documentation and organizational skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand "big picture" while completing detail-oriented tasks
- Friendly and effective interpersonal skills
- Consistent and reliable access to a vehicle
$17,355 for a year; Housing - $200 per month
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job