AmeriCorps VISTA or VISTA Summer Associate
Public & School Partnership AmeriCorps VISTA Project
About the organization
The Public & School Partnership (PSP) is an AmeriCorps VISTA project based at Utah State University in beautiful Cache Valley, Utah. Our mission is to connect community members to the education, resources, and opportunities they need to elevate themselves and their neighbors out of poverty. We aim to accomplish this mission by placing service-minded individuals from across the nation at over 15 schools and nonprofits in Cache Valley so they can help build the capacity of these dedicated organizations and ensure sustainability of their invaluable programs.
PSP has one-year, full-time AmeriCorps VISTA positions and 10-week, full-time Summer Associate positions available. All positions come with a living stipend and choice of end of service award (education award or cash award). The one-year positions have relocation and settling in allowances available.
Job duties vary by site and nature of position.
- Generally, duties involved with the one-year AmeriCorps VISTA positions include, but are not limited to: developing academic and attendance intervention program for K-12 students, coordinating parent outreach programs, fund raising and resource generation, connecting youth and families to accessible and affordable services (educational, art, therapy, respite, disability services, etc.), and coordinating programs that target outreach and accessibility to the community's most marginalized populations.
- Duties of the Summer Associate positions include, but are not limited to: tutoring youth, running youth learning camps (STEM, reading, English language, cultural, and more), coordinating leadership retreats for youth with disabilities, ensuring community members have access to sustainable and affordable meals, and more!
- Minimum qualifications: 18+ years of age, U.S. Citizen, will pass background check
- Preferred qualifications: experience working with youth, experience working in school OR nonprofit setting, self-starter, adaptable, self-motivated, team player
* We value ALL of your experiences! If you are thinking you might not be qualified, we still encourage you to apply. All experiences teach lessons and help shape a person!
$1042 per month (living stipend)
Contact email: [email protected]
Application expectations vary by nature of position. We encourage anyone interested to complete this interest survey to receive more detailed information before applying: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfldrnM3ejUdBIjJk7yLRjMAko6RlhAlHDuaigKsaqQl0EM3A/viewform?usp=send_form
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job