AmeriCorps VISTA Leader
Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits
About the organization
The Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits was formed in 2004 to be the unifying voice of the nonprofit sector in Arizona. We are the only statewide association dedicated to serving the needs of the more than 20,000 nonprofit organizations all across Arizona. We do this through advocacy, education, information, connection and resources, which are tailored specifically for nonprofits, their staff, their board and their volunteers. The Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits has managed an intermediary AmeriCorps VISTA grant for rural communities and statewide organizations for over 10 years.
The Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits is a statewide unifying organization formed in 2004 to advance the common interests of more than 20,000 nonprofits in the Grand Canyon State. The Alliance aims to connect nonprofits to each other and the community, grow the impact of the nonprofit sector and amplify the voice of nonprofits throughout Arizona. Through a grant from the Corporation for National and Community Service, the Alliance has the opportunity to partner with local organizations throughout the state to coordinate AmeriCorps*VISTA projects.
Member Duties : The goal of the Alliance VISTA Leader is to provide support to the Alliance's efforts to guide VISTA members through a successful year of service, measure program impact, recruit competitive VISTA members for future projects, cultivate team culture, create opportunities for member development and engage members in National Days of Service initiatives.
AmeriCorps VISTA leaders must
1) Be 18 years or older (no upper age limit)
2) Pass a national service criminal history check
3) Have a college degree or equivalent work experience
4) Complete a term of service with AmeriCorps or the Peace Corps (*exceptions may be made for COVID evacuations)
5) Hold one of the following citizenship or legal residency statuses: US citizen, US National, Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card status), and persons legally residing within a state. Examples of persons legally residing within a state may include those holding the following classifications: refugee, asylee, temporary protected status throughout VISTA service, and holding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.
Desired Skills: Social Services , Non-Profit Management , Community Organization , Team Work , Education , Computers/Technology , Teaching/Tutoring , Conflict Resolution , Reliable Transportation , Leadership , Communications , Public Speaking , Recruitment , General Skills , Writing/Editing
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job