AmeriCorps VISTA Leader
Alliance to End Hunger
About the organization
The Alliance to End Hunger engages diverse institutions to build the public and political will to
end hunger at home and abroad. The Alliance to End Hunger’s Hunger Free Communities
initiative supports broad-based, multi-sector coalitions in the U.S. that are committed to ending
hunger in their communities.
The VISTA Leader with work under the direction of the Director of Coalition & Advocacy to help Hunger Free Community (HFC) groups through coordinating a team of thirteen VISTAs in different states, supporting team members in their work, and working in partnership with the project supervisor on project management tasks.
The AmeriCorps VISTA Leader will:
- Enhance VISTA project success by supporting recruitment and selection of high quality VISTAs to ensure project success
- Develop and conduct orientation and training to equip VISTAs with knowledge and skills related to the project
- Enhance VISTA project and member effectiveness by facilitating the VISTA team, supporting team members in their work, and monitoring member monthly reports
- Enhance VISTA project stability and sustainability
- Share resources with broader Hunger Free Communities Network
The applicant must be eligible to become an AmeriCorps VISTA Leader.
**Only VISTA, Peace Corps, or AmeriCorps volunteers who have successfully completed a full (year) term of service and demonstrates exemplary skills and leadership in community service may become a VISTA Leader.**
• $883.68 Living allowance, paid biweekly
• Segal Education Award ($6,095) or End-of-Service stipend ($3,000)
• Health benefits
• Potential to forbear or defer student loans while in service
• Relocation assistance (if applicable)
• Childcare assistance (if applicable)
• Optional life insurance
• One year non-competitive status for federal government positions
• A network of over 180,000 VISTA members and alums
This is a one year, full-time position with a flexible start date around the 1st or 2nd week of November. This is a stipend volunteer position with AmeriCorps-Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA). Learn more at https://www.vistacampus.gov/.
Contact email: [email protected]
Email resume and cover letter to: Minerva Delgado, Director of Coalitions & Advocacy, Alliance to End Hunger at [email protected] with the subject line ‘VISTA Leader Application’.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply